Sunday, January 6, 2013

Staycation Vacation

We left on a mini-vacation today to...Orlando.  Wait - that is where I'm living.  How can it be a vacation??  My host family likes to call it a "staycation"...stay overnight at a local hotel and then go to Universal  Studios for the day.  And, that is exactly what we did.

We stayed at the Royal Pacific Resort - which has a South Pacific/Hawaiian theme.  Here I am posing at one of the entrances with a "native frog and posing again by the beautiful courtyard!!" 





They even had a  Luau at the hotel that night.  It was my very first luau... and it was fabulous!!   The hula and fire dancing were my favorites!!!

This morning, we headed to Universal Studios for the day!!  The resort had a boat that took us over to the "park," so we could save all of our energy for the rides.  Don't tell anyone but Nick (my not so flat cousin) fell in the water!!  Uh oh!!!  Thankfully, no alligators were in sight!!


Once over to Universal Studios, we had to decide which park to explore first. Hmmmm.   I chose Islands of Adventure...and we were off to the "Wizarding World of Harry Potter!!!"

 In the late afternoon, we ventured to the Universal Studios Florida side of the park and rode  ET, Twister, The Simpsons and Despicable Me.  I have to say...the minions in "Despicable Me" are hilarious....and were definitely the highlight of my day.  





After a quick boat ride back to the resort, we played in the pool, had smoothies and even took part in the "cannonball" contest.  Everyone was very impressed at the size of my "cannonball!!"



I'm exhausted but I'm ready for my next "staycation!!!"  Have a minion day!

Hugs,
Flat Rylie


0 comments:

Post a Comment